We’re talking about Marataba Trails Lodge
Marataba Trails Lodge was designed and created for hikers who are looking for diverse and challenging trails in a spectacularly beautiful Big 5 private reserve where a rich abundance of wildlife roams free.
Marataba Trails Lodge is perched on the side of the mountain, with 180 degree views into Waterfall Valley. It is utterly remote, in a wilderness world of its own for never more than 8 guests at a time. The original brief to the architect and interior designer was simple. Every stone, ledge, window, piece of furniture and soft finish had to take its cue from the natural environment. The essence here is on the outside, and the lodge had to complement and enhance that – not compete with it. But at the same time every comfort had to be met, and no compromise was to be made on the quality of every single element a guest would encounter through their senses. Only the finest of materials (from timber to cotton sheeting) were to be used and carefully put together in imaginatively simple ways. And finally, to respect the earth.
The result was an off-the-grid ‘Scandi-Safari’ style luxury lodge perched lightly on the earth and fully powered by the sun’s energy. Those seeking a digital detox will find it here.
Details: Marataba Trails Lodge
- 2 nights based on 2 people sharing
- Only R10,000 which includes:
- hikes & game activities
Offer limited and subject to availability. Expires 30 September
A few other things you should know about this Friends Getaway Weekend
- Maximum number of guests at any time is 8
- Strictly no children under the age of 16
- Swimming pool
- Full range of dietary preferences catered for
- No electricity but limited solar power available.
- Located within the Marakele National Park, Marataba is just 3.5 hours drive from Johannesburg. The reserve is a 23,000 hectare private concession at the foothills of the Waterberg Mountains.
- Marataba is in a Malaria free area (SA Department of Health – click here to read more about risk areas in South Africa).
Ideal for your next Executive Conference
Taking your team out of the boardroom and into the bush ignites innovation, out-of-the-box thinking and an opportunity to bond as a team.
Whether you choose to make it a conference with spouses invited, Marataba offers the best of both worlds. While the team are working, partners can enjoy Marataba’s numerous activities. Later on everyone can regroup for a sunset boat safari, meet up for sundowners in the bush or around the boma fire.
For more information on Blue Velvet’s Friends Getaway Weekend email firstname.lastname@example.org